About Ageless Balance
Why This Website Was Created
This is my “encore”, or “passion” career. After the opportunity of an early retirement, I was looking to do something that I enjoyed, and that made a difference in the lives of people in the community. I’m now a Senior Fitness trainer, balance and falls prevention specialist, and senior group fitness instructor, mostly online. I’m passionate about providing affordable opportunities for older adults to improve their balance, fitness, health, and safety. I provide a live group senior fitness class that you do in the safety and comfort of your own home. After doing an initial assessment, I provide give custom options for any exercise we do, so that no matter your current condition, everyone can participate and grow with the group.
I believe remaining healthy, active, and independent are the ingredients to a longer, happier life. My mission is to provide the tools, motivation, and support to anyone who wants to improve their quality of life. And to offer it in a safe, friendly, informative, and encouraging environment. To that end, I created the Ageless Balance, Mobility, and Strength live online fitness classes, so you can take control of your health, in your own home, with other people on the same journey.
Aging and Activity
Being over 60 myself, I feel like there’s a, “Being put out to pasture”, mentality for olders. Unfortunately, I also see many folks who’ve resigned themselves to that. But I’ve also talked to many people who share my view of still expecting more from my life. We want to remain active and independent every day of our life. Unfortunately, the opportunities were limited, and what was available was either inconvenient, inaccessible, or too expensive for most people. On top of that, there’s the mistaken belief that it’s wrong, or dangerous, for seniors to be physically active. I wanted to change that situation!
My Path to “Here”
- I returned to college and became a personal trainer, senior fitness specialist, and senior group fitness instructor.
- I became a workshop leader for the balance and falls prevention program, “Stepping On”. Built on strength and balance exercises, it combines fitness with information to help identify and reduce risk factors that contribute to falls and early mortality in older adults.
- Until March 2020 I did personal training and group fitness classes for older adults. Quickly, group classes became my favorite because I got to help 150+ people each week by using my personal training knowledge in a group setting.
- Coronavirus brought all training to an end. I knew immediately I had to find a way to get to my class members so they could stay active, healthy, and safe.
- I started doing online group fitness classes to be able to get to the people who didn’t want to give up just because they were locked in. Many started liking the live online classes better than the in-person classes. Others who never felt comfortable going to a group class were taking fitness classes for the first time in their lives, and they loved it. I’m back up to 100+ people helping them to enjoy a longer, happier life.
What I Provide
Experience an affordable, safe, enjoyable, live group balance and fitness class in your home, delivered through your computer. Created by a senior fitness and balance specialist, specifically for older adults who are concerned about the loss of balance and strength that occurs with aging. Enjoy being part of a community of like-minded people, looking to live a healthy, safe, happy, long life.